Frequently Asked Questions
How does the quality of plans affect my project?
When budgeting for Home & Remodeling Design Services it's important to understand their value and importance to the success of your project. To build a new home or remodeling project on budget, on time and without disappointment it's imperative that you and your builder are very clear on the plans and specifications of the project.
- "Beauty: the adjustment of all parts proportionately so that one cannot change without impairing the harmony of the whole."
- Leon Battista Alberti
- "Form follows function-that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
The investment required to develop a clear set of plans and specifications is far out weighed by the efficiency and professionalism in which your project will be executed. Building officials, suppliers, sub-contractors and lending institutions all need information from the plans. The clearer the information is the fewer questions and delays there will be. Suppliers and sub-contractors will develop bids and pricing from the plans and specifications therefore the more complete they are the more accurate the pricing will be.
Detailed up front planning will make for a less stressful building process, while saving you money and ensuring that in the end your home or remodeling project is everything you desired.
Why use a Hallquist Design for your project?
We consider many factors when approaching a Custom Home or Remodeling Design:
- Providing spaces that meet the client's unique needs and requirements.
- How the project expresses the clients feelings, values and priorities.
- How the project relates to its site.
- How the details enhance the overall effect.
- Long and short-term benefits of design approaches and material selections.
- Planning ahead for optional future changes.
- Planning ahead for flexible use rooms as your lifestyle changes.
- For remodeling and additions, how the new work will fit with current construction.
What is the design process?
Please go to the process page for a step by step explanation.
How much do your services cost?
After we meet with you and have an understanding of the scope of the project we then provide you with the cost of our services. To determine the design cost we will estimate our time based on similar past projects. Our fees are very competitive when compared to firms who have a similar approach to design and who's personal have similar experience as we have which exceeds 30-years.
Can you help me find a Builder?
We have can refer you to one or more Builders to estimate or bid your project. We will refer you to a Builder that we know personally, worked with in the past and have a good long-term reputation.
Can you save me money?
We can save you money in many ways by doing the following:
- Energy savings does not have to be complicated or require a great deal of up-front cost. We help you to make decisions based on proven methods that work and save money rather than new unproven methods that may or may not save you money.
- We can typically design a home that has less square footage while still meeting your needs.
- Value engineering is an all-encompassing savings approach toward efficiency of design, product use and construction.
- Competitive bidding/estimating to multiple Builders.
What size and types of projects do you do?
We can design a deck or a large scale custom home and anything in between.
How long have you been in business?
Hallquist Design Inc. was established in 1988. Prior to that, Brian Hallquist worked with his father, Dennis Hallquist.
What is the next step?
Write down and organize the ideas that you have for your new home or remodeling project. Try to establish your budget range. Call us to discuss your project and to answer your additional questions. We then will set-up a meeting to further discuss you project and our services.
© 2018 Hallquist Design
Web Services provided by Bufflehead Internet Technology.